Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:48:48 -0600
At 10:00 AM 6/12/97 -4000, you wrote:
>On 11 Jun 97 at 23:17, Maureen Leblanc wrote:
>
>> Since the list is set up for self-moderation, this would bring his posts
>> to me as non-subscriber posts to be moderated.
>>
>> In order to allow him to moderate his own posts through,  I'm hoping that
>> there shouldn't be any problem signing him up for a second subscription
>> as  [log in to unmask], and then setting that "nospam" address
>> to nomail and noreview.
>
>You could just add that particular address as another Editor= line
>in your header, allowing him to post from that address, without
>actually being subscribed under that address. (Note that it will be
>visible in the header if someone does a "review", though).

All of the other comments are valid....and I'll not argue with them.   My
main reason for opposition is that you are setting a precedent.  After a
while some of your listmembers will see what he's doing and will ask you to
do the same for them.  Soon many will.  Then you'll either be overloaded
maintaining all this, and still others will want it "to be fair" and all
that.  It will also spread to other lists.  Unless this clown is on NO
other lists or newsgroups, he'll get spam regardless.

Every positive has a negative.  Part of the cost of posting in a public
newsgroup or list is that you'll get some spam.  Unless his delete key is
permanently broken, I'd not even consider it.  Even then I'd suggest he
spend the 29 bucks on a new keyboard.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534