Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:27:59 -0500
On 18 Feb 2005 at 14:25, Karen Reznek wrote:

> Only half mistaken :-). If the listowner is having the same problem I
> had, it is because spammers got a hold of the -request address. When the
> automated response went out, it would bounce, and *that* would show up
> on my error report.

Ask your site administrator to upgrade to 14.3. In 14.3, emails to
the -request address require a confirmation before the email can be
forwarded to the list owners. Bounces for this confirmation email DO
NOT get monitored. An even nicer result of this is that there is also
MUCH less spam to the -request address getting forwarded to the list
owners. :-)

Francoise