David Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:21:15 -0600
Thanks! The query got the names, although not as a simple list. I was
able to extract the emails from all the extraneous information using MS
Word. Once I found the right search settings and wildcards, it was
fairly simple.

David Scheu
St. Louis, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:20 PM
To: David Scheu
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] Send mail to some users on list.

There have been many times that I wish I could directly email all the
subscribers on my list, or all those set to nomail, or all those
subscribed with
AOL, or with Yahoo, etc., but there is no ideal easy way.  It would be a
great
direction for future development of Listserv software.

Because I need to read email from various location, I use an ISP that
allows me
to read mail on its Unix server, for which I use Pine software.  For any
email,
Pine allows one to take any or all emails within the message.  So it's
fairly
easy for me to issue the appropriate command (e.g. Q LISTNAME WITH
DIGEST FOR
*@*) to get a list of the people I want to contact.  Once that list has
been
received, Pine can just "take" the addresses and insert it into the
address
field of a new email.

If you don't have that kind of software, you can still send the command,
and
then copy all the names to a text document, separate each one with a
comma and
space, and then paste that list into the address field of your email
message (or
whatever syntax your software requires for multiple addresses).

Hope this helps.

      ***** blog:  http://raremusic.wordpress.com *****
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users
--- My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions
---