john riehl <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 11:27:31 PDT
On Wed, 5 Apr 1995 13:03:24 EDT Maureen Leblanc said:
>Hi kids.

Free speech does not imply that the newspaper or the tv news is obligated
to print every editorial that is sent to them.  The list costs resources
(cpu time, facilities), and just because it is there does not obligate
you to let the person waste your resources (or other description).

Many places have/are explicitly or implicitly set guidelines, such as
having a topic (which is why the list is there), and even going off topic
is cause for censure.

My response to people who claim that I am infringing on their rights,
is usually something along the line that no, I am not, they can go
ahead and set up their own list on their own system, and say what they
want on it.  I do not have to pay for them to spout their views.

jr
(john riehl)