Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Apr 1995 14:14:14 PDT
On Sat, 8 Apr 1995 11:54:13 -0500, Geff Thorpe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I keep having a problem with someone being autodeleted. The say they are
>getting mail. (Message below) I sign them back up, then they got autodeleted
>again. Is there anyway to override the auto-delete in a specific case, or
>change something so that this person doesn't get deleted. Thanks in advance
>for help...

The problem is beyond your control -- it's an AT&T problem.

There are two DNS (Domain Name Servers) defined for the 'ATT.COM' domain,
namely 'GW1.ATT.COM' and 'NINET.RESEARCH.ATT.COM'.

If you ask the former DNS for the IP-address of the host which has been
designated to receive E-mail for the 'MHCNET.ATT.COM' domain, the correct
answers, namely 'GW1.ATT.COM', 'GW2.ATT.COM', and 'ATT-OUT.ATT.COM', are
returned.  If you ask the latter DNS for the same information, you get
the error-message "non-existent domain".

So, the tables held by the latter DNS need to be updated,
to avoid the "unpredictable" behaviour you've been seeing.