Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:50:21 -0600
On 11/16/00 1:28 PM, Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>On 16 Nov 2000, Pete Weiss wrote:
>
>> Actually AOL appears to be "running" the CS.COM mail system, at least
>> according to the Internet Utility NSLOOKUP when you inquire of the MX
>> Resource Records:
>
>Thanks ... I didn't know they had taken over stuff at that low a level.

They haven't. AOL bought CompuServe, and then created a new online
service using the CompuServe name. Right now there are two CompuServes:
CompuServe Classic (@compuserve.com) and CompuServe 2000 (@cs.com).
CompuServe 2000 is AOL with different graphics. CompuServe Classic still
maintains its own servers and has little to do with AOL, other than
forwarding its revenues.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP