Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:18:57 -0400
** Sometime around 13:54 -0400 04/12/1999, LYDIA FISH said:

>>Have you noticed any bounces from his account? Or, depending on your
>>list header settings, is he showing up in the bounce reports?
>>
>>If not, then AOL might be throwing mail on the floor again. Most of the
>>time, they are at least considerate enough to bounce the messages IME,
>>but others have reported no deliveries with no bounces.
>
>Dear Vince
>
>I have received no bounce notices.

Sounds like messages ar hitting the floor (though, as I said, I've never
actually witnessed that IME). Another possibility is that you are set to
"full-auto," and AOL's bounce format isn't recognized by LISTSERV; in
that case, LISTSERV is the one throwing the messages on the floor (in
this case, the bounce messages). I process all my bounces through
SmartBounce, so I'm not up on which bounce formats LISTSERV recognizes.

>WHY do people stick with AOL???

Good and prolific advertising. 98% of the dumbest 5% of the Internet is
on AOL. I fabricated the numbers, but they probably aren't too far off ...

:-)

Vince Sabio            Boy & His Sabre: <http://www.insane.net/tsc/Vince/>
[log in to unmask]            Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>