"Heller, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:53:24 -0700
Hi, I am new to all the intracacies of LISTSERV. Because of my job, I am now
the list owner and moderator for several email lists. I am learning a lot,
but I am having a problem which I hope has a simple solution. The list in
question is set to Send=Editor, Confirm. When People send messages, I
forward them to the list, as instructed by LISTSERV, then I reply to
LISTSERV with an "ok" message when prompted. This is working fine, and
messages are going out to the list. However, when people want to reply to
the original sender, I am receiving the messages.

To test this, I made sure that I was a subscriber on my list, with the REPRO
command set so that I would receive copies of messages. Someone submitted a
message, which I approved. I opened it and realized that, although the
original poster's email was included in the body of the message, I had
become the sender. So, if a person simply clicked the Reply button, the
email would go to me. This explained to me why I was receiving a lot of
personal emails from members of my list. How do I fix this problem? Thank
you for any assistance you can give me.

Sincerely,
Paul Heller
Classroom Connect