"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 16:52:00 EST
Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]> raves:
> sent  unsolicited  material, etc.  etc.  This is terrorism and we've
> got no police.

I can't believe we're encouraging these irrelevant and self-righteous
rants on this group by the serious responses.  Setting up a
protected .edu domain has far more impact on the Internet as a whole
than on list ownership, and its debate is hardly one to be conducted
amongst list owners (except perhaps those list owners who are also
"Senior" system administrators).  Listserv lets one filter out domains
with Filter= for those who feel they need to -- if someone has a
question about how to use that, by all means ask _that_ question here
(if you couldn't find it in the manual, of course).

> With the new SPAM-L, I do not  know  whether  the  issue  on  abuses
> belongs there (if it does, pardon me):

Yes, please take it there or some net-abuse Newsgroup if you must
discuss it--at least it's tangentially related to spams.

Shahrukh Merchant