"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:56:47 -0400
Hi there!

I just recieved the following error report from listserv which says:

>The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:
>
>Err First Last  Address
>--- ----- ----- -------
>  1 07/24 07/24 xxx xxxxx <[log in to unmask]>
>                Last error: Mailer MAILHOST.WLC.COM said: "550 not local host
>                            MAILHOST.WLC.COM, not a gateway"
>
>Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
>First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
>Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)
>
>Note: manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report under
>an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually; you do not need to do
>anything about them.

I recieved this as a daily error report from listserv (must be a new
feature and I kind of like it), but why is this being monitored so
quickly, when I have had delivery errors before and not recieved this kind
of "being monitored" message?  Is it something to do with the nature of
the error?

Also, this subscriber has not had any problems before, and recently has
been very active on the list, so this is somewhat surprising.  Shopuld I
be a bit concerned?

Glenn Alperin
list-owner of faceblind