"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Mar 1993 00:39:15 EST
On Mon, 22 Mar 1993 06:50:00 EST Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 said:
>As best that I can tell by looking at the messages that you enclosed,
>your LISTSERV intercepted the distribution and re-routed it to you, the
>owner (so it was not actually distributed to the entire membership :-) ).

   Thanks for the reply.  The  intercept is because this particular list
is send=editor.   As I say, other  lists are involved.  It  just happens
that this one is set up in a way to intercept things.

>I would suggest that you send a message to gnet-request@ explaining
>what has occurred and to both please unsubscribe your list from gnet,
>and any other lists, to please NOT honor any other subscribe requests,
>and perhaps to assist you in researching how it was that your list was
>subscribed in the first place.

   I did  that before  I sent  mail to  the list  (though that  does not
change my point any).  Since the -request is an automatic server, I just
got a whole bunch of errors, which I will spare this list from.

   My question remains,  is what this person has  done responsible?  How
can we  (meaning others who  almost certainly  will be affected  by this
type of behavior in the future) work to alleviate the problem?

>/Pete ([log in to unmask])

**  Geert K. Marien  :  [log in to unmask] (Bitnet: GKMQC@CUNYVM)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **