Michael Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:40:01 -0700
ListServers:
How do I list all members of my list who subscribe to a particular
topic?
*without* getting output as fancy HTML - just text?

Yes, fancy HTML output can be achieved by using the Web list management
tool at
http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?LMGT1
and then clicking on the [Reports] button.  This takes you to a page
that allows you to list all your subscribers
and their various attributes, and you can _filter_ the list by using the
"Filter Options" box on the left pane.
For my list (lompoc-kairos), which has one topic group named "Council",
the filter is:

Filter Options [ topics=Council ]

Good stuff -- but then I want to email this list to a friend -- just as
plain text.

If such a command is possible, shouldn't it be documented in
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appenda.html
somewhere?  As a tantalizing hint, the REVIEW documentation has a
sub-section on "Topics" which
states "This does not show topics by individual subscribers (see the
QUERY command instead)."
But alas, the QUERY documentation gives no clue has to how to filter a
list to show only members
subscribing to a given topic.

- Mike Fay