Sat, 31 Dec 1994 23:09:31 -0600
On Sat, 31 Dec 1994, Jeff Finlay, NYU wrote:
> > >Question: is there any way to  delete (put) entire packages all at once?
> > >It is a pain  in the butt to have to keep revising  the filelist file by
> > >file.
> >
> > You can use a generic entry for that. Just add a '>' sign in column 1 and
> > use a wildcard as filename/type (INFO*  TXT, or whatever). Then you won't
> > need to  define individual  entries for the  various files  matching that
> > pattern.
>
> Could you give me an example of how this might look?

Assuming that files in the filelist start with a blank col. 1, it would
look like this (if you use extended file descriptions as I do):

* This is a file about X
  filename X    ALL AUT
* A file by M about Y, around Z kb.
  filename Y    ALL AUT
> *        filetype ALL AUT

That last line is the important one, it could also be done as

> filename  *   ALL AUT

The important thing is that " > " which you also use when setting up
AFD files.  All our AFD files have the filetype REPORT (not a surprise,
since they are all reports on conference proceedings (well, all but one).

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L