Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:13:08 -0500
Karen is correct -- don't open documents w/o proper prophylactic
procedures.  This particular worm has been mentioned in the popular
press.  I consistently recommend to my collegues: do NOT SEND .EXE
attachments; do not open (launch) .EXE attachments.  Yes, there are
exceptions, but not for general advice.

Thus, it is not the specific PICTURE.EXE that one should be concerned
about, but the proper procedure that users/customers should be following.

Just my .02 Euros.

At 03:31 01/13/1999 -0500, you wrote:
|Didn't your mother ever tell you not to open files when you don't know
|where they come from or where' they've been?  <grin>
End Reply