Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 08:55:49 -0500
On Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:43:14 -0400, Kathy in Pa wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, "A.J. Otto" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>I am running a small listserv list. I am wondering if it is possible to
>>append some constant text to the subject line of messages to help my
>>users identify messages from this list.
>
>When I asked the same question I was told there was no option, now what I'm
>looking into doing is adding a top banner at the top of each message, they'll
>have to open it but they at least be sure where it came from.

Why add redundant info, the Sender & To headers (and usually the Reply-to)
headers already identify the list name.  The main reason I acquired Eudora
Pro is because the mail filter feature permits examining the headers and
sorting list mail into separate mail folders for each list (the spell
checker is a nice extra :-)

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]>      (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html