Matt Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 10:03:50 EST
I am new to listservers. I went and received some documentation
(the listownr memo, listkeyw memo, amoung others). I'd like to change
a list so that users who are not members of a list can post to it.

I know this is a very basic question, but I'd to make sure I am
doing this right. From what I understand I would do the following:

 1.) I did a QUERY on the list and my list is set up for the SEND
       field to be PRIVATE. To change it so that others can post I
       need to change it to PUBLIC.

   2.) I would first send a GET listname to our listserv account. I believe
       that this will lock the list when I do this..

   3.) I would then go in to an editor and change the SEND field to PUBLIC,
       save it and then send the listserv a PUT listname.

  4.) I then would UNLOCK the list.

  That should do the trick correct? Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks...
                              Matt ([log in to unmask])
The end.