"Vickie.Banks" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:54:00 EDT
I just received another posting warning rather frantically of
the extreme danger of getting the CD-IT virus off the Internet.
It supposedly comes attached to a fake piece of software that
claims to make a regular CD drive read/write, and then it does
serious damage to one's PC.  We've received MANY varied copies
of this posting over the past few months.  This one says
USA Today just published an article about the great danger
of this virus.  So far I've never heard of anyone who caught
it though.  I just checked comp.viruses.  Not a single mention.
Anyone know if this is a new outbreak I should again forward
a message to warn our readers about, or if it's an old
net-hoax or extremely minor problem that just happened to
resurface?  Thanks.

Vickie Banks
EDTECH List Moderator