Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:17:21 -0500
At 12:35 PM 12/2/98 +0000, Deborah Cresswell wrote:

>When I send a post to one of these large lists, does listserv send out
>this posting to all of the subscribers within hours or does it have
>alimit as to how many it can email per day.
>
>I noticed the Daily Threshold parameter within the list headers, but I
>am really hoping that this does not apply to the above, but rather to
>how many posts I send it per day.

The Daily Threshold is how many posts can be sent -to- it before it
starts putting them on hold.  It will try to send each one to all the
subscribers (unless they are set to Nomail).

Of course the server could get bogged down due to technical limitations.
What happens when you send a command (for example the "Thanks" command)
shortly after one of these big postings - does it take hours to answer
you?

If you have a few subscribers complaining that the posts are getting to
them late, there may be a network problem somewhere between your server
and their site.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University