Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:20:18 -0500
On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Filipa Maria Pacheco Gaudencio wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I activated a LAK for my LSoft Server, but I don't that something is missing, since I created two mailing lists for tests and I don't have satisfactory results.
>
> I've been trying to post some messages in the test lists but I'm
> receiving a few errors. This is what the server answered when I posted
> the first message:

The error message you received has nothing to do with any licensing
issues. You can find out if your license is good by sending a "show
license" to your listserv. Heck, in all likelihood, if the license is
screwed up enough to cause a technical glitch, you'll know it right away
because the Listserv software would not start up at all.

The error in question is most likely the result of one of three
problems:

1)  The TESTE list's Notebook keyword has incorrect path the
    list's log files.

2)  The permissions are not set correctly in the directory
    where your lists' log files reside.

3)  The log file is corrupt.

If #3 is the case, get rid of the list's index files; all of them.
Then get and put the list. This should clear up the problem.