Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:50:32 -0600
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Rich Greenberg wrote:
> } 1.  Prepare and release everything in plain lower order ascii FIRST,
> }     then convert it to word, wordperfect, etc.
> Having done a fair bit of documentation, what you are asking here is
> just not practical.  Importing an ascii text file into Word or WP and
> then adding all the formatting is just not practical for anything much
> larger than a few pages.  Its much easier to do it in word as you go
> along and then save as ascii text.

Except "save as ascii" does not work.  If I had a dime for every artifact
left in a document done on a word processor and "saved as ascii," which
I have subsequently had to find and delete to get that blasted thing to
work I would be very wealthy.

I have seen no instances, yet, where "save as ascii" really and truly
"saves as ascii."  One can format quite nicely in plain ascii, all
the rest is nothing but glitz.

Douglas