Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:29:45 -0500
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Muth, Jane wrote:
> Is there an easy way to edit or delete messages to a listserver.  I've
> read a section in the L-Soft manual regarding this, but I'm a bit
> confused by the process and was wondering if there was an easy way to do
> this.  It would be nice if L-Soft created an edit or delete button.

I assume you mean postings to a list, before they are approved/distributed.

If you don't mind your name/address as the from, just about any email
system will let you do that.  If you want to edit the item before
distribution to the list, *and* retain the original From:, I think you'll
need to use something other than the MSoft system you appear to be using.
It can certainly be done, e.g. using Unix/Linus Pine, perhaps with others.

Of do you mean edit/delete items in the list archives?  That, too, can
be done, via email, though a light hand is advised, and, these days,
s**m/v***s filters may be a problem, depending on your host site/your own
site.

Exactly *what* do you want to do?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]