Donald Good <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:50:40 -0500
I am having a similar problem with a user on a private e-mail system.  What is it about a destination e-mail system (e.g. yahoo.com) that triggers the delete function of auto-probe for an otherwise valid e-mail address?  I assume that it is some sort of anti-spamming feature of the destination system, but what?  And is it in violation of Internet standards?

>>> Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]> 10/03 1:07 PM >>>
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:46:03 -0400, Michael Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We are having trouble with auto-probe which has taken offence to yahoo.com
>email addresses,

It is Yahoo taking offence to your mail.  If you do a command

 QUIET SET listname NORENEW FOR *@YAHOO.COM

this will prevent probing for yahoo.com addresses while leaving it active for
other addresses.