Thu, 30 Apr 1998 02:26:49 -0500
> How do you force all list members to renew? I tried putting Renew= 4/29 in
> my Test list and restarting the server, but so far I have not received a
> renewal notice in my accounts on that list.

I have not seen a reply to the list on this yet so I'll  take a stab
at it.  As a preface, forcing renew on an old, norenew list is a horror
for the subscribers and the listowner(s), but it can be done; as that
isn't the case here we shan't go into the procedures.

First, are the subscription options set to renew?  You can play with the
renew keyword as much as you please and it will have no effect if the
subscriptions are all set norenew.  You have Default-options= renew  ?
If not, reset all the subs with   quiet set listname renew for *@*
When all of that takes effect, change your keyword.

The memos do rather advise against using specific dates (if you say
4/29 and by the time your header change is processed it's 4/30, there
will be no renew for another 365 days).  There are a number of "periodic"
options, for testing try maybe Daily.  And don't forget your "grace
period" for response (ours is 16 days).

> Does it wait until the following night at 11:00 pm or what?

Once a day, whenever the administrator has set up the time for automatic
processing of list biz, often midnight, local time of the host site.

It's been a couple years since I read any of the doc. on this, I likely
got something wrong.  Corrections invited. ;-)

Douglas