Andrew Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:48:57 -0400
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Dennis Budd wrote:

> >Bounced with Pine (bounced to an individual):
> >
> >From:                   Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
> >To:                     [log in to unmask]
> >Subject:                Pine Bounce Test
> >Date sent:              Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:44:33 PDT
> >Date forwarded:         Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:48:49 -0700 (PDT)
> >Forwarded by:           Lizette Marr <[log in to unmask]>
> >Forwarded to:           [log in to unmask]

> The "Resent-From:" is what Listserv uses to verify the address of the
> editor and to know to respect the original "From:".  I don't know what
> configuration got you the "Forwarded By:" header line, and I don't
> know what Listserv would make of it.

Pegasus Mail has a file that allows a recipient to not only configure what
subset of header lines are displayed in summary mode ("Reader | Show all
headers" is off), but also to allow RFC-822 keywords to be translated into
a more user-friendly form.  (This feature is especially important for the
international translations of Pegasus Mail so that the recipient can see
the message header in his/her preferred language.)

"Forwarded By:" is the friendly form of "Resent-From:".  What gets pasted
into an outgoing message depends on the display mode when the text was
copied to the clipboard.

Andrew.

Andrew Morrow   home:[log in to unmask]  office:[log in to unmask]
                Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group