Silvia Gruben <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Jun 1993 12:16:09 CET
On Thu, 17 Jun 1993 11:38:05 CED <[log in to unmask]> said:

>On Thu, 17 Jun 1993 11:08:34 CET Silvia Gruben said:
>>   please change all subscribers with '*.DBP.DE' to '*.D400.DE' in your
>>   lists.
>Err, hm,  somehow with a change  as big as  that I'd expect some  more efforts
>from  DE. As  a wild  guess  I assume  that  the gateway  replies on  *.dbp.de
>addresses will  be unusable  for LISTSERV  and LMail  - I'd  be glad  to stand
>corrected.

The changes was necessary for the domain 'dbp', because there are
two service-provider (DFN and German PTT) behind the same domainname.
DFN now uses the 'd400' domain for their customers. The addresses
'*.dbp.de' are used in the x400 world for the german PTT customers, but
they will have no access to EARN/BITNET or TCP/IP (policy of the PTT).

For the next half year both addresses will be go to the users,
but the address from the users, sending mails to EARN/BITNET, will be
'D400.DE' addresses. Therefore the 'CONFIRM' messages are rejected
with [log in to unmask] is unknown to the list'.

>Anyway I'd like  to see the EXEC  and why not post it  to the list -  or is it
>that big? How about FUILIST, AFDLIST, SIGNUP2?

I ask a time ago here at that list for a useful possiblity to change the
subcribers on listserv lists. I got now response.
So the EXEC I wrote is only a 'DELETE'&'ADD' mechanism for the 'DBP.DE'
subscriber. If you are interested, please send me a note.

For the FUILIST, AFDLIST and SIGNUP2 file I have no EXEC, I think
the only useful thing for this is to change the files per hand.
Or did you have an other sugesstion???

>Christian

Silvia

 _____
/     \    Silvia Gruben               email: [log in to unmask]     or
| GMD |    Rathausallee 10                    [log in to unmask]
\_____/    W-5205 Sankt Augustin
           Germany                     phone: +49 2241 14-3207