Ione Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:48:03 +0000
Ben Parker wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:54:48 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >When a subscriber sends in a command to make a change in their settings,
> >and a Reply-To field is present, does Listserv use the Repy-To or the From?
>
> The From: field is used to determine if they are the valid user in
> question.   Some commands require an OK response which will be sent by
> LISTSERV to that address.

Speaking of "Reply To:" fields--the "Reply To:" field for my list is set
to direct responses back to the list. So far, so good. However, one
subscriber (only one so far) must have his personal email set to insert
his own address in the "Reply To:" field. Therefore, when list members
reply to his posts they end up responding to his private address instead
of the list. Now, I know that they can just type in the list address (or
possibly hit "reply to all", depending on their mail system), but most
of them are pretty puter illiterate--and they're getting confused. Is
there any way to override the personal "Reply To:" field when the
message is posted to the list?

Ione

-- Ione L. Smith, DVM -- Department of Comparative Medicine --
-- University of Tennessee,  College of Veterinary Medicine --
       http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/SVME.html
          The Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics
      http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/ethics.html
          for all sides of the AR/AW/anti-AR debate
      http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/stereo.html
             the stereotypical behaviors database
        I am always willing to learn, however I do not
        always like to be taught. -- Winston Churchill