Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 10:35:21 -0400
> Based    upon the following  FINGER info,   my  guess is  this is probing
> LISTSERV-based list  for subscription  info that  might  be  for purposes
> other than participation.
>
> Pangaea Reference Systems (REFERENCE-DOM)

This is being discussed quite a bit on [log in to unmask] (which
is run  by Majordomo, so   if you want  to  subscribe you should  write  to
[log in to unmask] with  'subscribe  list-managers'  in the  message
body).  Although they are probing mailing lists, Pangaea is  likely to be a
relatively easy company  to deal with --  they have acted reputable  in the
past.  What they  have been doing before  is setting up archives  of lists,
and writing to the listowners first.  Their  chief technical person is Eric
Allman, who writes Sendmail.
--
  Norm

"Sex Education Delayed, Teachers Request Training"