Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:51:03 -0600
>Ok, thanks. Here's what I understand:
>I am the current listowner, so I have authority to go in and add a new
email
address to the OWNER= field. We give it some transition time, making sure
the new person can successfully do all the management functions, and then
the new person removes me from the OWNER= field and is now the sole
listowner.
>Do I have this right?

Or you can remove yourself; in that case, you'll lose owner authority AFTER
the change takes effect.

I routinely change the throwaway address I use to manage my lists, so I know
this. On the other hand, just to avoid stupid copy errors, I should probably
be using a transition overlap scheme like yours, even if both
owner-addresses are mine.

Hal Keen