Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:21:21 -0500
Disk space is not the only reason for compressing archives. I have one
of my lists set to weekly notebooks and the archive files typically run
to 1MB or more. For the unfortunate who don't have T-1 access to the
net, this size archive can take some time to download. A compressed
version would speed up the delivery for these folks. Not that I've got
the time to make this happen -- I personally think that they should just
use the Web archives and get only the stuff they really care about.

Karen Strauss
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Network