Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:09:13 -0330
I manage a discussion list (ANSAX-L) which is distributed from West
Virginia (@wvu.edu), although I am in Newfoundland.  The list is fairly
active (20 or messages a day on average).  This past week there was a
sudden hiatus in the flow of messages, from 20 per day to 0.  At first
I thought all 450 subscribers had fallen asleep, but when I tried to send
a test message I got neither an acknowledgment, nor did it get distributed.
This, although the systems manager at wvu checked mail flow, found no
blockage in the mail queues, and listserv seemed otherwise to be running
fine.  The program would respond when I sent a query, and I was able to
add and del subscribers.  But the message distribution was not working.
Until today.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might  be, or where the systems
people might look ?

Thanks.

Bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406