"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 23:17:02 -0500
>I have a multi-pararaph message in the mail-tpl, that when sent out
>becomes a single long paragraph, I looked at the listowners manual and
>didn't see anything that would give me information regarding formating
>that message exsept to turn the formating off.  Is there any way to
>get it to send such a messae as multiple paragraphs?
>

>                                        Jason Rasku

Yes.  Make sure that all mesages sent to the list contain a physical tap
of the Enter or Return key after every 70 or so lines.  For example, my
mail reader chops off lines that are longer than 255 characters, and I can
only read 79 characters per line on my screen anyway.  I have to jump
through hoops to read the messages right, and even then, it is not
guaranteed that things won't be chopped.  Whenever I have encountered list
members (or anybody who has corresponded with me via e-mail for any
reason) who seem to have mail programs which perpetuate this problem, I
give them the same advice.  Make sure that you have physically pressed the
Return or Enter key after every 70 lines or so.

As it turns out, most mailers seem to do this by themselves very well, and
there are only a small handful of mailers that seem to give me this
trouble.

Glenn