Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:35:27 -0500
There has been a lot of discussion on whether one should edit the archives
or not (practicality, ethics, etc.)   Personally, I'm agin it except in
dire emergency.  All that, however, is available from the archives.

As you say month I assume you have monthly notebooks.  There are probably
size limits also and these items may have kicked the notebook over the
limit, prompting initiation of a new one.  Check on that.  To edit
identify the log you want to edit, GET it, do your editing, then PUT it.
If it is a completed log that's all you need do.  If it is a log under
construction you might want to put a HOLD on the list so LISTSERV
doesn't write to it while you are editing.

Douglas