Siegfried Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:50:09 +0100
I recently moved my list BSE-L from a 1.8d LISTSERV (under HP-UX) to
a 1.8e-2002a (14.1) LISTSERV on a (Debian) Linux machine. After the
migration, the Auto-Delete feature does not work as expected. I did not
change anything in the header of list BSE-L.

I am receiving many bounces now and apparently, the automatic deletion does
not take place.

I am currently using

*   Auto-Delete      =      YES,FULL-AUTO,DELAY(4),MAX(100),PROBE(100)

and I wonder if I should change the syntax of this line. Is it possible
that the 1.8e LISTSERV under Linux does not like the parameters in upper
case or something like that? Has anybody observed similar problems with
Auto-Delete on a Linux machine? Some other lists on the same LISTSERV are
also affected by this problem. The auto deletion fails and the owners receive
the bounces.

Kind regards,

Siegfried

PS: [log in to unmask]