Thomas Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:53:36 -0500
I sent this message off to the Amoco e-mail team to see if they will
respond this time either with a "fix" or an explanation.  I suspect the
problem lies with our efforts to keep internal e-mail address information
from getting out.  There isn't much more I can do personally on this
matter.

Tom Wolff

Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] Message ("[log in to unmask] sent a
Author:  efp ([log in to unmask]) at unix,mime
Date:    4/16/98 2:24 PM

At 01:56 PM 4/16/98 EDT, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>Actually the problem seems to be that they have a firewall which changes the
>name on outgoing mail to "Private_User", which breaks the DISTRIBUTE job
>because it is expected to come from "LISTSERV".  I believe they've been told
>several times that they should run in STANDALONE mode to keep this from
>happening, either that or fix their firewall so it doesn't change the
>local part of the From: address...

The same problem occurs in *exactly* the same way with AMOCO.COM. Messages to
both sites' administrators have gone unanswered. A person at AMOCO did reply
once and promise to pass the word but nothing has ever come of it.

Could both of these sites have the same administrator(s)? Both sites' messages
began happening at about the same time.

I believe only system administrators at our site are getting these messages.

Ed