"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 16:35:00 EST
>I find that setting subscribers whose messages bounce to digest
>immediately works well.  They still receive their mail if the
>problem is solved (i.e. they clean out their mailboxes), and I
>only receive one error message instead of eighty if the problem
>persists.

Depends upon how many digests are "cut" per period in question.
Also depends upon how agressive the mailer is in notifying you

e.g., unable to deliver for x days, will continue for y days

where typically every x days you get another notification.
I think I've seen this annoying behaviour via PMDF.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State