Richard Karpinski <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Dec 1993 15:39:29 -0800
I finally sent a message with the addressee in the subject line to every
member of the list where I had the problem.  It didn't seem like the right
way.  I'd rather have set the list to include each addressee's name in
their mail header, once, but I don't know of such an option.  At least it
was easy to construct the mail automatically.  Next time I do such a thing,
I will be SURE to include soemthing to say that there is NO NEED TO REPLY
to the probing message.

Dick

ps I have a cute mail scanning program which can be used to drop or
   classify each message based on patterns found in the header or body.
   The version I'm now using is an awk script that converts a simple
   table into a custom scanner awk script.  The Perl version can't be
   tested until I get Perl running on my NeXT.  If you know about that
   part or have an interest in the other, send mail.