"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 11:50:39 -0400

>For security reasons, I need to change the LIST password for my list.  All the
>instructions I have received are for changing the password associated with MY
>userid, not the list.
>
>Liz Marr
>     mailto:[log in to unmask]       KA7MYM
>     http://cc-ent.com           ICQ 4014832

I THINK you set that in the list header, with a

*Password= insert_password_here

line.  According to the last time I read the manual, (and if memory serves
me correctly) such a password will not be displayed when somebody GETs the
header file.

However, I also remember reading that list passwords were now
obsolete....anybody with better information than what I read?

Glenn