Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:44:13 +1100

A good looking one is Mail Essentials from GFI (www.gfi.com).  McAfee used
to have email checking, too.

Keep in mind, though, what sort of performance degredation you'll see as
your SMTP server attempts to scan each-and-every email.  I've seen
processing overheads soar when testing this type of a setup before (bringing
the server to its knees in a *VERY* short time).  Unless it's a hugely
robust server you would probably want to look at load-sharing (as seen in
another post in this thread).

IMHO, your best bet is to stick to the header keywords to filter as much as
you can out of the posts through LISTSERV and trust your list members are
smart enough to be running client-side A/V software.

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.