Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:18:43 -0500
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Pete Weiss wrote:
> digest processing), you can do a SEARCH followed by (another email) GETPOSTS.
>
> S * IN LSTOWN-L FROM YESTERDAY TO YESTERDAY

Well, that is what I tell folk who missed a digest, though I tell
them
s * in LISTNAME from yy/mm/dd to yy/mm/dd     (both dates being the same)

Still, that is not the same as the DIGEST and if you have some posters
from across the international date line (Australia and New Zealand
most often) who are posting with date/time stamps a day in advance the
search won't pull those up as there is a different date, even though
those items would have been in the daily DIGEST.

So, what I do for my lists is tell folk to do the search, but, if
nothing other than the nonreproducible, actual DIGEST will do, I do
store about a month's worth of the digests for each of my lists
on my Buffalo personal account.  Just in case, you know.  Sometimes
they come in pretty handy when a subscriber gripes about a truncated
digest; I've got a copy to look at and correlate with the subscriber's
description.         Douglas