Sun, 14 Apr 1996 16:07:44 -0500
> >For the last few weeks, both lists that I manage have been experiencing
> >a ton of bounces, bad addresses, timing-outs, etc.  Also it's been taking
>
> I always receive tons of bounces, timeouts, etc. EVERYDAY for a
> list with 3k+ subscribers and 20-50 daily distributions.

"a ton of bonces" is relative.  For a list with 100 subs, 500 errors per
day is "a ton" (though most will probably have been generated by the same
site). For a list with multiple thousands of subscribers 500 per 24 hours
is just business as usual.  One starts getting a little frayed around the
edges when it jumps to 1000 - 1500 per day.

Just one of the joys of trying to run a list.  It's work.

Douglas