"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 22:02:12 -0600
Reminds me of the LSTOWN-L subscribers who send nice little notes
because they've forgotten how to sign off our list.  Makes me want
to laugh and cry at the same time.

Now for a *real* question (so I don't just clutter up everyone's
Sunday night mailbox): I have a friend (and co-listowner) who insists
on referring to our list as "this listserv."  This bothers and I
vaguely recall this being mentioned here recently (I meant to write
"this bothers me").  Does anyone have a good, linguistically sound
reason for discouraging this habit?  It makes about as much sense
to me as saying "this WordPerfect" when speaking about a document
produced on WP.  Am I being overly sensitive?

Thanks, Ingrid Shafer
[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]