Robert Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:35:26 UTC
Greetings,

I currently run a list with 290 subscribers.  Recently, I have
received mail from several of them saying they are not receiving any
mail from the list.

From looking at the Listserv and Lmail console logs, it appears that
only 18 subscribers are getting their mail.  It is always the same 18.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern within the subscriptions that
would account for their being chosen and the others being ignored.

I sent a few test postings and they generate a Listserv console
that looks like:

 ..... Mail posted via BSMTP to [log in to unmask]
 ..... Mail posted via BSMTP to [log in to unmask]
 ..... Mail posted via BSMTP to [log in to unmask]
 .... (there would be 18 entries here)
 ..... Done - 1 outbound file (18 rcpts).
 ..... Message DISTRIBUTEd to 271 recipients.

From what I can tell, the claim of "Distributed to 271" is not true.
I am also receiving a message:

     Error 24 from LSWBITFD, check console log

which means absolutely nothing to me.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Robert Moss      [log in to unmask]
Owner, CDR-L