Gary Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 00:06:26 -0400
Well, I must say, this has become a success.

No matter how I fiddled with the split parameter, the content
overflowed my GMail account's length for msgs (despite the 10 Meg
limit on attachments).

So, I reached into my list's configuration, and assigned my yahoo.com
mail account as the manager's box, and sent the same command (without
any mention of split) through the website's command box.

Inside yahoo.com, I found the message I needed (nearly gave up hope,
because sadly, the mailer thought it was spam, but I found it in their
Junk folder), and it's 39,259 lines long, and shows the CPU time at
the end, proving that the job was completed, and sent in its entirety.

Thanks!!

Now I just need to sort the content... and will almost surely use a
macro inside my own favorite editor (UltraEdit).

Thanks,
- Gary

{by the way:
- Happy New Year! (I'll assume our shared last name is a valid ethnic badge)
- If you're in Georgia, don't those Siberian dogs get HOT!?
- My son's at GA Tech (PhD candidate in math+computer sci)

Thanks again.
- G.G.

On 10/4/05, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I tried the following command:
>
>    query sibernet-l for *@* split=100
>
> and it came back in one email of 13466 lines.  This is on apple@Lsoft
> which I believe is running 14.4 (or higher).

Gary N. Greenberg, MD MPH    Sysop / Moderator Occ-Env-Med-L MailList
[log in to unmask]                       http://occhealthnews.net