Larry Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 03:22:29 -0600
Howdy!

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post to this list or not, so somebody
please let me know if it isn't, but if it's okay I would appreciate if y'all
could forward this message along to the lists you own or belong to.  It
would be of great benefit to us in trying to get this program off the
ground, and I think there are many people out there who would be interested
if they were aware of it.

SPECIAL NOTICE: COLLEGE LEVEL ENGLISH COURSES TO BE TAUGHT USING LISTSERVS
AND THE WORLD WIDE WEB

Tomball College, a community college located in a rural/suburban area
northwest of Houston, will offer a wide variety of English courses using
listservs for course discussion and World Wide Web pages for posting course
information, assignments, links to pertinent Web sites, and tips and
guidelines on various types of writing ranging from business memos and
technical reports to literary essays and research papers.  Students can take
these "virtual courses" from virtually anywhere in the world, as long as
they have access to a PC with a modem and access to the internet.

Courses to be offered in Spring 1996 include:

Composition and Rhetoric I
Composition and Rhetoric II
Technical Communications
Survey of American Literature I

In the Fall of 1996, the following courses will also be added:

Survey of American Literature II
Survey of World Literature
Special Topics in Literary Studies: The Bible as Literature

For more information, contact Lawrence J. Clark at the address below and/or
visit the Tomball College Online English Dept. Home Page at url:

http://nhmccd.cc.tx.us/people/ljc/edept.html

Thanks for your interest.  Please forward this message to any individual or
list you might feel would find this information useful.

Larry

Lawrence J. Clark
Owner, AMLIT2-L, GATSBY-L, TEKCOM-L
Director, The Gatsby Project
Regional Director, East Texas/Louisiana Alliance for Computers and Writing
Professor, English
Tomball College
Tomball, TX
(713) 357-3766