Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:47:43 -0600
On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Tom Trimble wrote:
>         My list was on "hold" for a while and has now been resumed ("free"). Lots
> of members find their digest setting does not work, and the server returns
> to them that they already have this setting when they attempt to
> self-change it. I'm doing a lot of manual changes to accomodate them. Advice?

I have never seen that HOLD invalidates DIGEST settings.  I would say that
if LISTSERV tells them they are already set DIGEST they are.  You are
doing a query on their subs before you do the manual?  What does the job
ouput of your SET say?

How long was you list on HOLD?  What are the NOTEBOOK/DIGEST settings?
Is it possible that your list was on HOLD for a long time and your
DIGEST subscribers are simply getting a lot of digests in quick
succession?

Douglas