Elena Fraboschi <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:47:57 -0500
Dear all:  I just installed ListServ Lite Edition two days ago
(on a SparcStation 5 running SOlaris 8), and all is well except...

My list has barely over 200 subscribers.

In just two days, I have accumulated 455 files in
/var/spool/mqueue

Is there a way to:

(a) force ListServ to revisit the queue more often, to attempt
    delivery more often, so that /var/spool/mqueue does not
    reach many Mbytes?  OR

(b) force ListServ to limit delivery attempts to just one day,
    say, and after that simply give up and do not queue up
    old messages?

OK, the goal is to keep /var/spool/mqueue relatively small (or,
at least, not too large).  If anyone could give me an idea of
what strategies might work to do this, I'd be thankful.

I tried doing it with a normal sendmail command, namely,

/usr/lib/sendmail -q -v

and the result was:

Running MAA12224 (sequence 1 of 225)
<[log in to unmask]> ... Connecting to mail sorter-102.bryant.webtv.net via esmtp

After lingering on that process alone for 5 minutes, I aborted the
command.  I figured that if every one of 225 mails was going to
take that long, something was wrong.

Pardon the long query.  Best, elena