Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:51:56 PDT
Dear L-Soft Sales Representative,

L-Soft seems to have serious difficulty setting reliable priorities.

I can not believe that "threats" from "some LARGE customers" to switch
to Majordomo over the "Subject line content" feature is moving L-Soft
to reprioritize delivery of AFD/FUI (to later yet)!

Any LARGE customer who truly believes that such a feature is the entire
balance between L-Soft's LISTSERV and Majordomo must know something that
I do not know about those two products. Frankly, I don't think so.

If L-Soft believes its future lies with compromised deadlines, delayed
delivery of features long since proven their worth, and in the case
of AFD/FUI --features that dull the sharp edge of the competition of
other document servers such as www/ftp, while strengthening L-Soft's
discussion list position-- then L-Soft is deceived by the noise of the
unwashed but moneyed.

Such unreliability, if allowed to persist, will make even more customers
think twice about where to purchase their services.

Peter Rauch
LISTSERV supporter/fomenter for several paying "customers"