Bryan Fritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:44:57 -0600
> Sounds like the solution to whatever havoc they're about to wreak
> might be opting out of Spaminator.
>
> I've never signed up for Spaminator because I worried that it'd
> somehow interfere with my list stuff.
> I post to my list and to UseNet fairly regularly and don't get a heck
> of a lot of spam. When I do, I report it to the providers abuse
> address. Maybe 1 or 2 spams a day here. (Waits for big, spam
> filled anvil to drop...)

I use a program called Mail Washer (http://entier.ecosm.com/system/redir.php?
ad=15&aid=1544).  This allows me to check multiple E-Mail accounts directly
from the server all at once (which is really nice since I am on a PC and my
wife is on a Mac), and delete, bounce, and block SPAM messages.  It has a
Friends list, to keep legit e-mails safe, and a Blacklist, as well as you can
define your own filters.  I can also set the program to be aggressive (it
makes an educated guess and deletes the SPAM), or more conservative (where it
lets me view any un-listed E-mail before trashing it).