Mark London <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:18:27 -0400
I have a mailing list running 1.8c in which I have set:

*  Subscription= Open,Confirm
*  Validate= No

Some subcriberss have mentioned to me that they need to use the OK confirmation
mechanism when they issue SET commands for the mailing list.  This is
surprising to me, because I don't understand how this feature started to occur
and how it's specified in the list header.  In fact, I can't duplicate this
feature when I subscribe.  While LISTSERV does request the confirmation when I
subscribe, it allows SET commands without requiring it.  Yet a user showed me
a message they received proving that it did occur when they did a SET TOPICS
command.  Any idea what is going on?  Thanks.

Mark