"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:40:36 -0800
Hello,
  is it possible to make LISTSERV forward the original mail headers of a
subscription request when it reports one to list owners?  While it is
possible to read the headers of mail sent to the mailing list, I don't
want to wait to discover that the new subscriber is a spammer AFTER the
spam was sent to the list (either to the list or the individual
subscribers).

  That is, I want to inspect the mail headers of the message containing
the "SUBSCRIBE listname" command.  There is just not enough information in

// JOB PW=XXXXXXXX
ADD NAUSICAA [log in to unmask] Other Peoples Email is not yours to read!!!!
// EOJ

to help me identify spammers early enough to do any good.  I already have
REVIEW=OWNERS, SUBSCRIPTION=BY OWNER, SEND=PRIVATE.  I'm just one step
away from setting DEFAULT-OPTIONS=REVIEW, but replies to this message will
help me decide whether that's worth the hassle.

The list server at brownvm.brown.edu is version 1.8b.

Thanks,